For me, 2014 was a year of deepening partnerships, both professionally (working closely with amazing colleagues) and personally (my first full year of marriage). It was also a year of protest, as I joined hundreds of thousands of you in taking to the streets to decry climate change and to hold up the value of Black lives.
So as I looked toward 2015, I approached my annual New Year's reflection with an eye toward engaging in the world.
Here are some of the questions that are helping me think about the coming year. I hope some of them are useful for you as well.
- What am I doing alone that I could do better in partnership with others?
- What do my values demand I do now?
- How can I live my conviction that Black Lives Matter?
- What’s clouding my vision for a better world?
- What is my community asking of me at this moment?
- Where do I need to show up more or less?
- What steps can I take to improve my own wellbeing and sustainability?
- With whom do I want to build new or stronger partnerships?
- What do I do that sparks joy in others?
- Who needs what I have to offer?
Happy New Year.
May it be one in which the world is able to benefit from your gifts!